Firearm & Weapons Offences
Canada has strict laws in place that govern the use, possession, purchase and sale of firearms and weapons. Under the Criminal Code of Canada, the unregistered use, possession, and trafficking carry some of the most serious sentences and penalties under our law. Many if not all firearms offences have significant mandatory custodial sentences.
Criminal Code of Canada – Sections that deal with ‘Firearms & Weapons Offences’
Some of the most common types of gun and weapons charges include:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (s. 91)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its Possession is Unauthorized (s.92)
- Carless Storage Use or Storage of a Firearm or Ammunition (s. 86)
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (s. 88)
- Tampering with a Serial Number (s. 108)
- Assault with a Weapon (s. 267)
- Sexual Assault with a Weapon (272)
Why should you hire Passi & Patel for firearm & weapons offences?
Most firearm offences have significant mandatory sentences of jail. The sentences for possessing a weapon can range from a maximum 10 years in prison if the Crown proceeds by indictment or a maximum six months in jail if the crown proceeds by summary conviction. Notwithstanding these penalties, contacting Passi & Patel – Criminal Lawyer’s should be your first step if you, a friend or a loved one has been charged with a firearms or weapons offence. Call us immediately at 905-459-0004 and one of our Brampton criminal lawyers would be happy to provide you with an in-depth, no obligation, and complimentary consultation.